Give a distinct identity and a stronger voice to your social and political activism.
Activist? Advocator? Campaigner? Protester? Passionate to fight the cause you hold close to heart?
SO ARE WE !
- We believe in thinking differently and in challenging current practices of social and political activism.
- We believe in sharing our visions and in contributing to the formulation of slogans and implementation of unconventional tactics to show engagement and express indignation about social issues and political matters.
- We believe we have created not just another catchy logo but a new symbol to give a distinct identity to social and political activism, conveying a simple, univocal and authoritative core statement largely received in numerous cultural contexts.
- We believe that using our symbol in conventional and alternative tactics your activism will stand out and create an impact that decision-makers and the media find difficult to ignore.
- We believe that using our symbol you do not buy a commodity. You embrace the idea, philosophy and vision of a project as well as the lifestyle of movers and shakers of transformative social changes.
BASTA! is not just an online shop or another catchy logo !
It is research-based project that aims at responding to the 9 weaknesses identified in today’s practices of social and political activism. It builds on the study of essential theoretical foundations of activism, protests and nonviolent public actions and on the analysis of 4 past (un)successful social campaigns and political protests. Based on the study, a new symbol has been created. This is understood in various languages and is largely received in numerous cultural contexts. It is customisable with targeted slogans according to linguistic needs and creative preferences. It can be used for numerous social issues and political matters. It can be displayed on a large variety of activism merchandise usable in conventional and alternative activism tactics.
There are many social issues and political matters BASTA! is following and an on which it is currently focusing its efforts. In alphabetical order, they include, but are not limited to:
- Animal mistreatment
- Bullying in its online and offline forms
- Different shades of LGBTQ phobias
- Gender-based violence
- Gender-pay cap
- Racism / Xenophobia
- Trump / POTUS
- Small arms ban
- Violence and terrorism
- Work-related deaths